I spoke a little before I left about what the perfect Zen day would be. Here is the rough schedule, amended for the experience of actually living it:
- 10 am wake up
- 10-12 lie in bed, read in the hammock, take a walk through the totally quiet town
- 12-1 eat “breakfast”
- 1-3 Yoga class. Amazing
- 3-5 Hang out on the beach. Chat with people. More reading. Thai Rummy.
- 5-6:30 Thai massage $7 for an amazing hour.
- 6:30 – 8:00 nap
- 8:00 – 10:00 food and hang out with friends.
- 10:00 – 2:00 or later: party.
Some days we would take the centre out of the day (even the yoga class!) to “do something” like drive up to a remote beach or try to go sailing. (Unsuccessfully as it turned out – low water levels this time of year make sailing difficult.)
If you get the opportunity to live a week or longer like this, I highly recommend it, especially if you can have the psychological feeling of letting it go on as long as you want, rather than having the end of a vacation looming before you.